Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Long overdue marathon training update

I've avoided this blog for a few weeks now, completely bummed out by a recurrence of the ITBS in my left leg, which last reared its ugly head in Feb 2008. So the training has been put on hold while I rehab with rest, ice, and the foam roller. I had a sports massage on Monday, and she pinpointed the area of inflammation.

I had an amazing experience volunteering at the GUTS aid station at mile 75 of the Pinhoti 100 this past weekend. The self-pity I've been feeling from my injury has been completely washed away after watching the runners come through the AS and through the finish. That experience deserves its own post, which is coming I promise.

I'm going to try a short run tonight. Hopefully my knee behaves and I can get this marathon training show on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment