Monday, October 12, 2009

And so it begins

Training for my first marathon started today. Lost Dutchman on February 14th, just outside of Phoenix. I'm very excited, and with a long run of 18 miles under my belt I'm feeling pretty well prepared to start a strong training cycle. I'm terrible at following training plans, but as of today am loosely following Hudson's Marathon 2 schedule found as an appendix in his book 'Run Faster'.

Six miles easy, with a 10 second steep hill sprint at the end.

Did I mention I ran a tough 12 mile trail race yesterday? Yep, the Mystery Mountain 12 miler at Fort Mountain State Park. I did well (and wow was it a blast!), but why am I not sore today? Guess I didn't leave it all on the course. I need to write a race report.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Way to jump in! Looking forward to reading your report tomorrow. It's bedtime now. :)

    ReplyDelete